MY TRIBUTE TO DENNIS DODOO - RIP

For him to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

Exactly a week today, Thursday 29th December, you exit this world to your real home. I threw away my cell phone on which I was receiving the news about your demise and sat dumb-founded for about 15 minutes trying to recollect what I had just heard.

Your demise is an irreplaceable gem in the anals of the Word Miracle Church, Zoe Assembly, where you served as a Deacon and later Elder for so many years. You gave your all for the church. You were the Church's last resort when it came to delegating someone to represent the church at a programme, be it wedding, engagement, naming, funerals, etc. I remember in 2005 when the Church delegated you, myself and another Deaconess to attend a bereaved member's funeral in Anomabo in the Central Region, you willingly drove the delegation to and fro even providing food and snacks.

I also remember when you painstakingly took us through our wedding rehearsals to ensure we had a successful programme. Even on the 'D' day, you arrived before anyone else in order to ensure the readiness of all documents to be used. Even though my eyes are filled with tears, it is the only way of relieving myself of the shock your departure has caused me.

Sometimes I query God why He is taking away the committed ones who despite one challenge or the other are giving their all to the Church. But one thing comes to mind that 'Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints'. I've just recovered from the shock of the exit of the late George Attivor, who left us in sorrow sometime in 2005, only to be hit by another blow. Is it that you've finished your assignment? At least God should have considered your baby girl and allowed you some more years.

Dennis, wherever you are with the heavenly hosts, I say, you fought a good fight, you won your race, now is left for you a crown from our Lord and Saviour. The good Lord will fill the vacuum you've left in the heart of Jessica your wife, and be a father to your baby girl, Naa Dromo

I never imagined I'll be writing a tribute to you at this time in my life. But I leave it all to God, because He knows best. Till I see your casket being lowered 6 feet down, I will continue to doubt your death. With tears running down my cheeks, I publish this blog in your memory. REST IN THE BOSSOM OF ABRAHAM.

DEMIRIFA DUE!  NANTSE KOSE KOSE

Shalom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghana Revenue Authority hold Memorial Service for Late President Atta Mills (Former Commissioner)

Queen of Tatoos